[Xen-users] pygrub setup

I am trying to get pygrub to work on a pv that I am building. I am looking at the page:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/PyGrub?highlight=%28pygrub%29

And under "How?" for item number two it says:

"2.Install a linux-image-xen of your choice."

What exactly are they asking for here? Am I supposed to download xen-3.3.1 and build it, ala, make xen, make install-xen, make tools, make install-tools, inside of the vm?

Does it matter what version of xen I am using in dom0?

I will have to build all of this from source because the machine I have to work on does not have a package management system, like yum, apt or smart.

Any help or extra documentation would be appreciated,

Jon