Re: [Xen-users] yet another usb passthrough question

Hello everybody, I keep replying to my own thread, (it's a lonely world for me on this mailing list)

just in case any body uses this thread to get his configuration to work as well.

I got my configuration to work after a made the following adjustment in fsab
--------fstab------
/sys/bus/usb/drivers  /proc/bus/usb       usbfs      devgid=0,devmode=664  0 0
# usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      noauto                0 0
--------fstab------
on the prompt i do: mount -a

after starting the domu, the usb device is seen in the domU, I'm very pleased!

if anybody likes to comment if this is a smart or stupid thing to change I'm open for suggestions

mfg,

jeroen

jeroen groenewegen van der weyden wrote:
Let me ask the question the other way around

Has anybody here seen a working usb passthrough on a hvm? if yes would you like to share the details of your setup domO distro, qemu version etc.

any reaction at all is well appreciated ;-)

jeroen

jeroen groenewegen van der weyden wrote:
anybody?

I've updated to domO to openSUSE 11.1
with Xen 3.3.1
qemu version 0.9.1

But still the exact same problem.

jeroen

jeroen groenewegen van der weyden wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to add a usb device to my domu, But without succes so far.
I configured the config file according to http://www.virtuatopia.com/index.php/Adding_USB_Devices_to_a_Xen_HVM_domainU_Guest
which is rather straight forward. but I can't get is to work
I configured the config file as follows

-- cfg --
usb=1
usbdevice = 'host:0ea0:2168'
#usbdevice='tablet'
-- cfg --

in the qemu-dm log appears after booting the domu
" Warning: could not add USB device host:0ea0:2168"
I wonder why?

Further strange behavior is when I switch to the console with crtl-alt-f2 and do the usb_add command it replies to me with
unknown command: 'usb_add'
in the condole de "info version" command gives 0.9.0

I'm sure I'm overlooking the obvious but don't now what, any body?

the system I'm using
Dom0: openSUSE 11.0
proc: q9450
XEN 3.2.1