[Xen-users] How (not) to destroy a PostgreSQL db in domU on powerfail

Now I'm sure that the following configuration can destroy a PostgreSQL
8.3.5 database:

* Linux host (dom0) with XEN, XFS filesystem with "nobarrier", RAID
controller with battery backed cache.
* XEN vm (domU) with XFS filesystem with "nobarrier" with postgresql
* my daughter with 3.5 years switching off the power supply of the
server, just behind the UPS

Seems XEN does lie about fsync, otherwise it shouldn't have crashed the
database (so badly that I could not even dump it, had to restore).

Is there a way to secure domU's in a way they survive a powerfail?

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net                  Key-ID: 1C1209B4