[Xen-users] Re: Trouble enabling VT-D: "I/O virtualisation disabled"

I too have the same problems.   Using ASUS P6T and Debian Lenny.  I
played around with it for weeks and just could not get it to work,
here is my original post on the issue.

http://www.nabble.com/ASUS-p6t,-i7-920,--vt-d-broken.....-td21624614.html

I've given up for the moment......

Hi Steve,

I'm also having a problem with the Asus P6T, but since I'm using Xen-unstable I'm not sure if this is the same problem than you have. Have a look at the "VT-D RMRR is incorrect" thread initially started by Yoshiharo Mori: It looks like the ACPI-DMAR tables are broken on some (Supermicro, Asus) X58 boards.
This is a problem for Xen-unstable, disabling VT-d.

I already opened a case with Asus but they are telling me that Linux is not officially supported. I'll continue to chase them as VT-d is (at least in theory) platform independent but it might help if others also open cases about this!

Unfortunately I can't go back to Xen-stable for now to test if this is the same issue as I'm running on a paravirt_ops kernel that requires Xen-unstable (or at least heavy patching for 3.3).

Btw, just looked at your other post again, the iommu=1 needs to go on the xen line and the pciback stuff on the line together with the linux kernel... and again, VMX (aka VT) has nothing to do with VT-d...

Best regards,
   Christian