[Xen-users] SCSI driver clash with PV drivers

Hi,

I am trying to boot a DomU system with two harddrives attached as hda
and sda. I can use hda fine as the boot disk, but when I add a second
disk as sda the DomU OS kernel panics on boot.

The DomU is using PV drivers for disk and network access inside a
fully virtualised (qemu-dm) instance. Also, I have disabled replies to
disk probes after the initial DomU BIOS check. This means the
underlying OS shouldn't be able to see the virtualised disks at all.

I disabled the sd_mod.ko driver inside the domU image and I am able to
boot the DomU in the way I want. Unfortunately it is not possible to
use this work-around in the majority of my planned environment.

I have also been able to get the DomU to boot by specifying the second
disk as xvda instead of sda and this also worked.

I can see plenty of examples of people using 'sda' as their device
name, but I cannot make this work for myself.

Any help at all on this would be very welcome.

Thanks,
Iain
--
"Just think how stupid the average person is,
and then realize that half of them are even stupider!"