Re: [Xen-users] xen ov guest nfs

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Denis J. Cirulis <denis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've tried opensuse domU on opensuse dom0 connected 20GB zfs volume off
> FreeNAS beta using iscsi. Yes, it works normally, no cpu overload.

So I assume what you wrote about "software iscsi target and initiator gives
me high cpu load on both domU and target" was from a different setup,
and that FreeNAS with zfs gives acceptable performance, right?

> What is the good style of using iscsi for guests, I need to discover all
> targets on all dom0 hosts and then start guest on selected machines (as

Something like that. Whatever shared storage you use, it needs to be
available on all dom0s. For iscsi, this means importing all iscsi
shares and reference them on dom0 using a common path on all dom0s
(/dev/disk/by-path or by-id should be good).

As an alternative, there's a block-iscsi helper script (try google
search) that can be used easily.

> I know target can only be used once) ? How to make migration between
> dom0 hosts possible ?

On all shared storage setup, you have to make sure that domUs only
started on one dom0 at a time. You can use some tools to do this (like
linux cluster's rgmanager) or (when you only have several domUs) it
might be pereferable to do it manually.