Re: [Xen-users] Lenny 2.26.1 xenu vmlinuz-2.6.28.7 Hangs Waiting for root file system

Cc-ing the list, as I think that's what your intention was when you
wrote "All," :)

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Barry van Someren
<barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All,
>
> Does anybody have any success installing Lenny as a DomU in a CentOS Dom0?
> I've been chipping away at this for a while, but unfortunately I'm not
> very familiar with Debian.
> So far I've tried doing this as a PV install using Xen-tools and debootstrap.

Try this, should also work for Debian by changing the debootstrap parameter
http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/2009/01/07/debootstrap-intrepid-server-pv-domu-at-xen-331-centos-52-dom0-all-64-bit/

I tested it some time ago with debootstrap from EPEL
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL)
If I remembered correctly I only had to make minor changes (like
setting up static IP instead of DHCP).

> The kernels I've tried are the default Dom0 kernel that came with
> CentOS (Hangs after mounting ext3 and sits there consuming cpu)
> My second try I did another debootstrap run and used the kernel that
> came with Lenny (vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-xen-amd64)
> The second try boots (slowly) and seems to come up with some
> networking issues that may or may not be caused by my inability to
> properly setup Debian in a dual network environment :-)

Are you using PV or HVM domU? The instructions above create a PV domU,
with Ubuntu's 2.6.27-7-server kernel contained in domU, booted with
pygrub. As far as I can tell it's as fast as my Centos PV domU.

Regards,

Fajar