RE: [Xen-users] Urgent Network problem! Virtual network stops workingafter a few minutes/hours

  • To: "Martin Fernau" <m.fernau@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 22:53:34 +1100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 03:54:25 -0800

> Hi,
>
> I'm using xen 3.3.0 on one server with 3 Guests (2 windows guest with
> gplpv
> drivers and one linux). After booting the machine all is fine. The
domains
> came up and network is working. But after several minutes or hours the
> network
> stops to work. I can't reach the guests any more! only dom0 is
reachable
> though the network. I asume the virtual network crashes.
> How can I find out where the problem is? Log files? command line
tools?

> This is an urgent problem as this machine is a live server! Any help
would
> be very appreciated!

Try turning off all the checksum and large send offload on all the
interfaces in dom0 and all the domU's. I have had this happen before on
one server

ethtool -K <iface> rx off
ethtool -K <iface> tx off
ethtool -K <iface> tso off
ethtool -K <iface> gso off

<iface> is eth0, eth1, etc in the DomU's, and the vifX.Y interfaces in
the Dom0

See if that gets things going again.

James