Re: [Xen-users] Urgent Network problem! Virtual network stops working after a few minutes/hours

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Sabuj Pattanayek <sabujp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 09:35:11 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 07:35:53 -0800

Hi,

> I'm using xen 3.3.0 on one server with 3 Guests (2 windows guest with gplpv
> drivers and one linux). After booting the machine all is fine. The domains
> came up and network is working. But after several minutes or hours the network
> stops to work. I can't reach the guests any more! only dom0 is reachable

Has this always been like this or just recently?

> though the network. I asume the virtual network crashes.
> How can I find out where the problem is? Log files? command line tools?
>
> This is an urgent problem as this machine is a live server! Any help would be
> very appreciated!

Do you have control over the network switches? Maybe port security is
enabled on the port in the switch that you are connected to? I had
this problem and the dom0 and domU would take turns going on and off
the network every few minutes. I had to tell the network guys to turn
port security off so that the switch allows multiple MAC addresses on
the same port.

HTH,
Sabuj Pattanayek