Re: [Xen-users] Debian Lenny & LVM Partitions

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Alan <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is a fresh debootstrap install, with the kernel on the domU booting with
> pygrub.
> The reason I prefer the domU to be partitioned as per a normal non Xen
> install is I can mount different folders with different permissions etc. For
> example, /tmp as noexec/nosuid.

>From xen perspective you can always use LVM on dom0, and assign an LV
on dom0 for each domU's partition. I usually give one for "/", one for
swap, one for data (if needed).

> I might try doing an install onto a standard partition setup (no LVM) and
> see how it goes.
> For the record, I've done this method with Ubuntu 7.10/8.04/8.10 with no
> issues.

This is a debian issue then. You should ask debian experts out there :)

My guess is that somehow your debian installation does not include LVM
features on initrd. In ubuntu this is automatic, but maybe there's a
config option somewhere that needs to be changed. Again, debian
specific. Perhaps if you run update-initramfs while having debian
booted it will correctly modifiy the initrd.

Regards,

Fajar