Re: [Xen-users] How to disable tls on CentOS 5 with Xen 3.3.1?

jiang wang wrote:
Hi:

I downloaded Xen 3.3.1 source from xen.org, compiled and installed it on CentOS 5. At first boot into xen, I got an error message about tls and told me to use "mv /lib/tls /lib/tls.disabled" to disable it. I issued that command after the first boot. And also tried to remove that directory to /root.

The suggestion does nothing on CentOS because that directory is empty. Put this in /etc/ld.conf.so.d/xen.conf:

# This directive teaches ldconfig to search in nosegneg subdirectories
# and cache the DSOs there with extra bit 0 set in their hwcap match
# fields.  In Xen guest kernels, the vDSO tells the dynamic linker to
# search in nosegneg subdirectories and to match this extra hwcap bit
# in the ld.so.cache file.
hwcap 0 nosegneg

Note that the file name _must_ end ".conf". When you've done that, run /sbin/ldconfig and reboot. The problem should go away.

jch