Re: [Xen-users] Alternatives to cman+clvmd ?

Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro wrote:
What about creating a ZFS pool with all your discs and then share it with your Xen Hypervisores through iSCSI, NFS or even CIFS! I'm trying it right now...

1.  I'm not using Solaris, so ZFS itself is a non-starter.
2.  Using iSCSI off a ZFS pool will result in the same problem.
3. I'm not aware of any reliable/supported way to get HA out of iSCSI, NFS or CIFS storage exported from "ZFS servers" (without buying something like a 7000 series).

CS

--
Christopher Smith

UNIX Team Leader
Nighthawk Radiology Services
Limmatquai 4, 6th Floor
8001 Zurich, Switzerland
http://www.nighthawkrad.net
Sydney Fax:    +61 2 8211 2333
Zurich Fax:    +41 43 497 3301
USA Toll free:  866 241 6635

Email:         csmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IP Extension:  8163
Sydney Phone:  +61 2 8211 2363
Sydney Mobile: +61 4 0739 7563
Zurich Phone:  +41 44 267 3363
Zurich Mobile: +41 79 550 2715

All phones forwarded to my current location, however, please consider the local time in Zurich before calling from abroad.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, contains information from NightHawk Radiology Services, which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify NightHawk Radiology Services immediately by forwarding message to postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.