Re: [Xen-users] Virt-manager guest install URLs!

2009/3/26  <aehusain@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to use the virt-manager to install Xen Guest OS. I got the
> virt-manager installed and running on  fc7 xen dom0 and am trying to install

FC7 is somewhat ancient, end-of-life, and unsupported. If you want to
use redhat-based dom0, I'd suggest use RHEL 5.3 or Centos 5.2.

> but this URL doesnot
> complete the installation of domU and I get a kernel panic while creating a
> domain for guest.

Probably because bug in your old xen/OS version.
Try RHEL/Centos dom0

http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Virtualization_Guide/index.html
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/InstallingCentOSDomU

If you want to run Xen 3.3.1 on top of Centos (the easy way), try this
http://www.gitco.de/repo/

This url (or any other official mirror) should work for Centos
installation with virt-install
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/x86_64

For ubuntu domU on Centos dom0 it's probably best to try this
http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/2009/01/07/debootstrap-intrepid-server-pv-domu-at-xen-331-centos-52-dom0-all-64-bit/

Regards,

Fajar