Re: [Xen-users] xen and snapshot partition ?

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Riccardo Veraldi
<Riccardo.Veraldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> is there a way to start a domU under xen so that the guest is start from a
> file read only partition
> and all write changes are written into a separate snapshot file ?

Try using tap:qcow.
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/blktap
http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/Xen_DomU_Guide#QCOW_Images

I/O performance will be lower compared to LVM-backed domU though, and
you can't use it (for now anyway) for Windows domU with GPLPV.

Regards,

Fajar