Re: [Xen-users] Xen Backup Method

Hi Umut,

You can do this;

1 - Create an LVM and put your dom0/domU(s) there.
2 - Create a snapshot volume of that LVM.
3 - Dump|Restore from the snapshot to secondary disk and/or network.

I have custom dom0 settings like startup params and network bridge scripts fromage, etc... so I like having a dom0 backup.

In my case, I have 2 disks, where I dump restore from disk 1 to disk 2 and then copy to the network. I've designed it so if disk 1 fails, I can boot from disk 2 immediately. And if the machine or its env fail (like the server room over heating, flooding, earthquake, etc...), I can restore from network backup.

Your philosophy should be first and foremost; its not a question of if but when.

Technology sux major major a#@ and will be the death of us all, however its too late to go back so prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

- Brian