[Xen-users] How to get rid of IO-Bottleneck?

Hi,

I'm running a Xen (Debian Lenny / 3.3.1 / 2.6.18.8 / 2x1T SATA RAID1 / 8G RAM)-Server with ~8-12 VMs (LVM based - NOOP shedule). Each VM is running Postgre, Tomcat, Apache. If we do our daily testings, the disk-io-performance is terrible.

As far as I understood reads are cached within the VMs, so this should not be the problem. I think the high number of writes is killing the hdd. Is there a way to do something like "async write", or what else could I do to speedup the VMs even if there is a lot of disk-io?

Thanks,
Fabian