Re: [Xen-users] New version of GPL PV drivers for Windows 0.10.0.47

  • To: admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 20:03:52 +0100
  • Cc: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 12:04:36 -0700

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 7:38 PM, David <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Great release.
>

> xm save/restore now works, xm shutdown doesnt seem to work though?

I found that when upgrading the drivers the shutdownmon service ended
up not working, what fixed it for me was stopping the service before
reinstalling/upgrading the drivers, then try starting the service and
"xm shutdown", that worked for me on one system but on another I had
to use shutdownmon -u (remove service) and shutdownmon -i (install
service) to get it working, I've also noticed that you can use
shutdownmon -o to remove the older .net version of the service if you
have older gplpv drivers installed.

I've CC'ed James as I have a feeling that the installer doesn't stop
the service before trying to upgrade it?

Andy