Re: [Xen-users] Xen system hang or freeze

With "stock xen 2.6.18.8 kernel" you mean the original Kernel from
"http://www.xen.org/download/"; ? I currently use the xen-kernel 2.6.18-r12
from my distro. So I could give it a try...

How dit you get notice of these kernel oops and/or soft IRQ lockups? I'm not
able to discover _any_ abnormal events on my system as all logfiles are clean.
There must be a way to debug this...

The only USB device I currently have attached to my dom0 is a Smart-UPS
System. I don't know if this really could kill the whole machine as the
communication between dom0 and this ups should be very very low.

We must find a way to discover these lockups. Are there any debug-log
functionality we could enable in xen to start to discover this problem?

I'm afraid that these lockups could become a ko criteria for xen in the future
for professional servers...