Re: [Xen-users] Config to set CPU affinity and distribute interrupts

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 15:11:18 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 01:11:59 -0700

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:20 PM, ITZIAR BALENCIAGA <ibalenciaga@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> everytime I start my computer I make:
> xm vcpu-set 0 1
> xm vcpu-pin  0 0 0

> How can I get this without having to enter the previous commands everytime I
> restart my computer?

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2009-03/msg00614.html
Look for "dom0_vcpus_pin" and "(dom0-cpus 1)"

> Another problem that I have is that when I run my domU everything goes fine
> but I can't go back to my dom0 unless I shut it down. Windows starts in full
> screen and the only way of going back is by pressing Alt+Tab. I can see
> Linux just for a second and then the Windows screen appears. Why could this
> happen?

> WINXP.HVM (uncommented lines)
> sdl=1 opengl=1 vnc=0

You're using sdl. A better way is to use vnc:
-  Change it to :
sdl=0
vnc=1
- startup domU
- determine where domU's vnc port is using "virsh vncdisplay winxp"
- connect to it, using something like "vncviewer localhost:n", where
"n" is the number from virsh output.

Regards,

Fajar