Re: [Xen-users] VNC problem

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Molly Bloom <psalviato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm trying to learn how to use Xen to install services like DNS and/or mail
> services on the virtual machines.
> I have a problem with vnc. When I installed the virtual machines, I did it
> installing graphic interface as well, but it seems this interface disappears
> on rebooting the machine or making a yum update. Is there anybody who's had
> the same problem or could anybody help me to understand why this happens and
> how to fix it?

Short version, if you're using RHEL/Centos and need the GUI:
- use virt-manager (which should give you access to domU's GUI console)
- connect vncviewer manually to domU's vnc console (use "virsh
vncdisplay NAME_OF_DOM_U" to find the port)
- read the manual :
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Virtualization_Guide/index.html

If your goal is to configure services (mail, dns, etc.) IMHO it's
easier uf you install webmin
(http://webmin.com/)

Regards,

Fajar