Problem with gplpv under Windows XP (was: Re: [Xen-users] Is LVM really that much slower than Container?)

Hi,

I did some more testing:

1) Reinstalled Windows XP (from XP SP1a disc as before), but upgraded to SP2 instead of SP3, no gplpv:

Five tests with dd if=/dev/zero of=./test1024M bs=1024k count=1024 conv=fsync resulted in various speeds between 45 and 61 MB/s.

Copying from samba share to local disc via GBit-Ethernet: 10 MB/s

2) #1 with gplpv_fre_wxp_x86_0.10.0.50.msi

dd: 5.3 MB/s

Instead of copying from samba to local hd (where speed would be limited by the underperforming hd), I copied from one samba share to another, reading and writing 400 MB in 25 seconds.

3) #1 with only the pci and network driver from gplpv_fre_wxp_x86_0.10.0.50.msi

Copying from samba share to local disc via GBit-Ethernet: 28,5 MB/s

Conclusion: There's a problem in the gplpv scsi and/or vbd drivers and/ or in the combination of those with my Xen-Setup. What can I do now?

Tim