[Xen-users] Problem on booting DomU using NFS filesystem

Dear All:
I met a problem of booting a guest domain using a mounted NFS filesystem.
My step to exported the filesystem is follows
1:  customize the para-linux kernel by
make linux-2.6 CONFIG=menuconfig, and rebuild the kernel to support NFS root filesystem. (Here I did not change the config file of xen; do I need to change anything of rebuilding xen hypervisor?) 2: The NFS server exports the guest filesystem image guest.img under /xen following the standard NFS instruction Then on the NFS client side, I first tested mounting the exported filesystem, it succeeded. Then I unmount it.
The configuration file os the guest OS is
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18.8-xen"
extra="xencons=tty"
memory = 256
name = "Guest"
dhcp = "dhcp"
vif = [ '' ]
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY="192.168.1.1"
nfs_root = '/xen'      # directory to the /xen to the NFS server
nfs_server = '192.168.1.136'  # (NFS server IP)
root = "/dev/nfs"
The guest OS hangs at
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
md: md driver 0.90.3 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
md: bitmap version 4.39
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Using IPI No-Shortcut mode
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/console/0
BIOS EDD facility v0.16 2004-Jun-25, 0 devices found
EDD information not available.
*Sending DHCP requests ...... timed out!
IP-Config: Retrying forever (NFS root)...*
It repeats here.

Anyone could give me some help. Thanks. in advance.

- Hui