[Xen-users] Re: Problem with gplpv under Windows XP

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Tim Kaufmann <tk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 19.04.2009 um 10:34 schrieb Fajar A. Nugraha:
>
>> Is there a particular purpose for you to resend your email without any
>> additional info?
>
> Yes - only you received that mail as my reply to the list got killed because
> I sent it from the wrong account.

Ah, I see.
Note that you sent this mail from tk@xxxxxxxxxx, which is the same
account you used when you said "sent it from the wrong account". A
mistake, or have you subscribe this account as well?

> Testing XP on LVM (with and without the latest gplpv driver) gave the same
> results I had with Ubuntu.
>
> So I installed CentOS 5.3 to a HVM (1 vCPU, 512 MB RAM, LVM with 20 GB). It
> came up with the pv drivers right after installation - nice. But the results
> of the dd-test (with a 16 GB File) were rather disappointing. Two tests
> showed 86 and 91 MB/s.

86 MB/s from the original almost 200 MB/s is actually quite good for a
HVM domU. My results so far seems to indicate that PV disk performance
is close to dom0, while HVM with PV drivers about half of it.

I don't understand why your Windows numbers is so low though. I'm out of ideas.