[Xen-users] qemu-dm vnc connection stuck on inactive connection

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:26:24 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 06:27:08 -0700

Let me start off by saying that I suspect the solution to my problem will be
embarrassingly simple and not wholly Xen related, and though I tried some
generic web searching I am especially terrible at searching to find things
that I haven't already seen in the past.  However, I do feel that the
solution will be a valuable thing to have in the xen-users archive.  Also,
because the problem is so basic, I doubt the solution will be distribution
specific, much less xen-version specific (I suspect that if the solution I
am looking for exists, it lies in a standard *nix utility), so I have
intentionally left out all version information.

That said, the problem follows:

I tried to VNC to one of my virtual machines using a ported vnc client on a
StrongARM device, and was unsuccessful.  I now can't VNC to that domU with
other computers either, as they queue up behind the device.

[virtadmin@virt1 ~]$ sudo netstat -np | grep 5901
tcp        0      0 192.168.10.245:5901         192.168.10.76:1048
ESTABLISHED -
tcp        0      0 192.168.10.245:5901         192.168.10.76:1047
ESTABLISHED 3712/qemu-dm
[virtadmin@virt1 ~]$

The client device at 192.168.10.76 is not even active, and these connections
were both attempted over a week ago.  I am pretty sure killing qemu-dm =
killing the domU, so I don't want to do that.  I am also pretty sure
rebooting the domU would solve the problem, but I don't particularly want to
do that either.  Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to terminate
these connections without terminating the process/domU?

Thanks,
Dustin