Re: [Xen-users] Oracle in Xen domU

  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:06:12 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:06:51 -0700

2009/4/22 Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> I'm currently using Oracle 10G inside of a Xen domU

> I'm now having issues with really
> high I/O wait times inside the domU when the database is doing anything more
> than really light transactions.

First of all, in terms of support, AFAIK Oracle only supports Oracle
VM for virtualization technology.
As for I/O wait times, I suggest you try some generik benchmark first
on domU and dom0. At least that would make sure whether the problem is
on domU side or somewhere else.

Regards,

Fajar