Re: [Xen-users] NIC Offloading Confusion

On Vie 24 Abr 2009 18:40:29 Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Jorge Armando Medina
>
> <jmedina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Vie 24 Abr 2009 09:26:37 Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> >> Is there a particular reason to use HVM?
> >> Unless you're using some propietary binary-only kernel module, you'll
> >> have much better results using PV guests. Converting HVM to PV guest
> >> is pretty straightforward. I can share the steps if you're interested.
> >
> > I'm interested in the steps to convert a HVM to PV guest.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> First of all, since apparently a fresh-install of centos HVM domU
> loads PV drivers but does NOT actually use them, you should read this
> first :

Thank you I will try the instructions.

> Part 1. Creating a Centos HVM domU with working PV drivers :
> http://pastebin.com/fb6fe631
>
> Then you can read
>
> Part 2, converting HVM guest to PV guest : http://pastebin.com/f6a5022bf
>
> If you follow both parts correctly you should have a working PV domU.
> If anything goes wrong during conversion process, you should still be
> able to boot the previous HVM domU config if you select the non-xen
> kernel (second entry) from grub menu.list.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fajar

Jorge Armando Medina
Computación Gráfica de México
Web: www.e-compugraf.com
Tel: 55 51 40 72
email: jmedina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG Key: 1024D/28E40632 2007-07-26
GPG Fingerprint: 59E2 0C7C F128 B550 B3A6  D3AF C574 8422 28E4 0632