Re: [Xen-users] Xen system hang or freeze

Peter,

at least I would thank you for supporting in this situation!
To answer your questions:
> 1. How many vcpus does each of your domUs have?
This vary. Mostly I've set 'vcpu' to 2.

> 2. Do you define pinning, cap or weight for your domUs?
no. They are not restricted in this way. I just limited the number of cpu
cores to the domains (cpus=...)

> 3. Does sar on the guests show a high %steal before the problem
> occurred ?
I didn't hat this tool running at the time of the crash. I also have 3 Windows
guests which can't run this program.

> 4. Do you limit the number of vcpus that Dom0 has? If not, I would
> suggest that you try this an dsee if the problem occurs when you know
> that there should be free vcpus for each of your domUs.
I didn't limit Dom0 so far.

Because I have 8 cores for 4 guests I could do the following:

Assign CPU 1 to dom0 -> "(dom0-cpus 1)" in xend-config.sxp
2,3 to Guest1 (windows 2003)
4,5,6 to Guest2 (windows 2003)
7 to Guest3 (gentoo linux)
8 to Guest4 (windows xp)

With this settings all domains using its own processor.

Do I need to change vcpus too? I'm afraid if I change this back to 1 that
windows wants to activate itself again...