RE: [Xen-users] Attempt to allocate order 5 skbuff. Increase MAX_SKBUFF_ORDER

Your posted kernel config is from your Dom0? You said before that you
are running a 64-bit Dom0. You need to check the CONFIG_XEN_SKBUFF
option in the Dom0 config. I am in general wondering if you might have
issues with your DomU/Dom0 configuration. How did you install those
kernels? Did you install them using the distro? Did you compile them
yourself? I assume you also run a 64-bit hypervisor?

Yes running 64-bit dom0 and hypervisor.  the kernel config
is actually the same for both dom0 and domU as in redhattish xen
you actually run the same kernel-xen in both.  Only difference is
that it is 64-bit for the dom0 and 32-bit for the domU.

How can you have the same kernel configuration for a 32-bit and a 64-bit system
? Have you edited those yourself and then compiled the kernels ? There are a
lot of dependencies around the CONFIG_X86_64, CONFIG_X86_32 etc defines.

All right, it is not exactly the same.
The one I posted was the domU config.  Now attached is the dom0
config, from the 64-bit dom0.  CONFIG_XEN_SKBUFF is "Y" in
the dom0 too.

Steve timm

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Assistant Group Leader.