Re: [Xen-users] Help me to set up network (routes)

AlannY wrote:

BUT! From the official XenNetworking (http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking) I get for routing: "When domU starts up, xend runs (within dom0) vif-route which: copies the ip address from eth0 to vif<id#>.0". So, it's not me, who assign this address for this vif, it have done automatically ;-)

Hmm, now I understand why it's not working. It seems to be what could best be described as an "interesting" setup ! Unfortunately, I think in many OS's you can't set the route as required - because really you want to be setting your default router as (in Linux IP speak) :
  ip route add default dev eth0
Ie your DomU just spits packets out of the device without considering what the IP address of the other end is. I **think** the Dom0 will then take care of routing them to their destination. You'll need to be able to tell the routers on the "outside" (ie connected to the physical ethernet card) network that they can route to your DomU via the IP address of the Dom0.

I don't know if Windows or OS X can do this at all, let alone via their network config GUIs.
--
Simon Hobson