From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Griswold
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2009 23:48
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Need to Access 2 Serial Ports in HVM Win 2K3 server.

Here is my setup - CentOS 5.2, fully yum-updated and Xen 3.0.3.  I have a
working Windows 2003 Server HVM that has access to one serial port via
emulation (serial="/dev/ttySXX in the domU config file.)  I have tried,
without success, to give two serial ports to the HVM by modifying the config
file as follows:

serial = "/dev/ttys0"
serial = "/dev/ttys1"
(this did nothing - no serial ports in the HVM - I realize now this is the
wrong syntax)

or

serial = [ "/dev/ttys0", "/dev/ttys1" ]

This is the correct syntax, but the HVM won't start.

I have googled this until my eyes have bled, and the conclusion I have come
to is that the binaries are complied to support just one serial port per
HVM.  So here is my questions:  Can I modify the config and recompile the
source for xen and/or qemu to provide more than one serial port per HVM.

If I can just get someone to point me in the right direction, I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
David