RE: [Xen-users] Need to Access 2 Serial Ports in HVM Win 2K3 server.

I don't think I want to mess with PCI passthrough.  The serial ports I am
trying to access are actually on a 8 port Mainpine OCTO+ fax/modem.  Six of
those ports are being used by Hylafax, running in the Dom0, and I want to
give the other two ports to the Win2k3 running in the DomU.  Currently, I
the DomU can access only one.  All I want to do is give it access to the
other one.

David

        This might not be something you want to mess with, but if you have
VT-D or IOMMU capability, you should be able to pass a PCI card through to
your guest, and I believe you can still get a PCI card that has serial
ports.  It may also be more plausible to make PCI passthrough work without
those than to add a second virtual one, but it should be noted that doing so
would be a security risk.  It should also be possible to somehow use serial
ports over the network, that may not work for you needs, but one example
would be to get a networked usb hub and connect to it, connecting usb ->
serial adapter ports to it.  I don't know if you'll be able to find one that
meets your needs, though, I have seen hit and miss functionality using usb
-> serial adapter ports for various serial functions.  I can't guarantee
that any of these ideas would work, but they might be worth a shot.
        Dustin