Re: [Xen-users] capture the user made changes ..

There are many sites where you get information on creating a read-only root file system

method 1: using LVM

Create an LV (using LVM2/DM)
use this lv to create the root file system.
Once the machine boots fine with the root file system, create an LVM snapshot volume which will create a disk which will record the changes to the main volume.

method 2: use qemu qcow images

create a file and use qcow (copy-on-write) which will create another file
to record changes to the file system (block level) and the main file will
be un-affected.