RE: [Xen-users] Re: Virsh-install error

  • To: "louie" <louie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:16:16 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 14 May 2009 01:17:00 -0700

Hi Louie,

I use a centos 5.2 Dom0, I have managed to install a paravirt guest with
virt-install and quite a few settings:
virt-install -n mg3 -r 2048 --vcpus=2 -b wanbr --vnc --vncport=5917
--noautoconsole --os-type=linux --os-variant=centos5 -p -l
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.3/os/x86_64/

This is my first working from scratch para virt config but I don't
understand where the configuration is being stored. I can't seem to use
xm create and xm destroy, the VM seems to be a permanent fixture in xm
list and only responds to xm start and stop. Is there any way I can get
virt-install to create a standard config file so I can use xm create and
xm destroy as I do with HVMs and HVMs converted to Para?

Thanks,

Rob