Re: [Xen-users] intermittent domU issue: related to udev?

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:17:30AM -0400, Eric Lenio wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 08:53:39AM +0530, Ananth wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Can you paste the contents of your domU config file?
> > Try including the below line and let me know if the problem continues to
> > exist.
> >
> > extra = "TERM=xterm xencons=tty console=tty1"
> >
> > In any case please post the contents of your config file, I would like to
> > take
> > a look at how different yours is compared to mine.
> >

> Here is a typical config for one of my domUs:
>
> kernel = "/xen/vmlinuz-lincware-2.6.21-xenU"
> memory = 1024
> vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
> name = "lincware3"
> disk = [
>   'phy:vg-sda4/lincware3-xfs,sda,w',
>   'phy:vg-sda4/lincware3-swap,sdb,w',
> ]
> root = "/dev/sda rw"
> usb=0

Btw you shouldn't be using sda and sdb, you should be using xvda and xvdb.
xvd = Xen Virtual Disk.

That sdX device naming thing is deprecated and should not be used anymore.

Also, why do you have the kernel in dom0? I find it a lot easier to have the
kernel in the domU filesystem (use the kernel-xen provided by the distro),
and use pygrub/pvgrub to load the kernel from the domU filesystem.

-- Pasi