Re: [Xen-users] How to specify static IP in guest config file

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Ananth <cbananth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do
> you have any pointers to install paravirtualized domU using our own kernel?
> or say using an Ubuntu or openSuse DVD?

If you use the distro's tools, I believe they'd create pygrub-bootable
domU. On RHEL it's virt-install/virt-manager. Suse and Ubuntu might
have their own tool (I'm not familiar with Xen on those platforms,
sorry).

If you want to do it manually you need certain knowledge to do it
properly. The link I've sent in one of them. Here's another link for
Centos : http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/InstallingCentOSDomU

> Also, how can I tarnsfer files between domains? I am able to ping dom1 and
> dom2 from each other and dom0 as well. But when I do ftp to dom1 from dom0,
> connection is refused. Should I mount a network file system? I have not done
> this even on linux systems.

In general, you should do what you usually do on normal linux system.
Ask your local sysadmin for help if you need to. You'll probably be
able to use scp/sftp though, as ssh is usually available by default.

You could also mount domU's filesystem on dom0 (when domU is stopped).
Again, ask your local sysadmin for help if you need to.

Regards,

Fajar