Re: [Xen-users] xen and company os (winxp)

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Tomislav <vidasov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, my company provided winxp preinstaled with some special software for my
> job. In addition I made dual boot with linux or opensolaris.
> Now I would like to be on my linux all the time with ability of using winxp
> all the time. :-) xen looks interesting :-)
>
> My question is: what has to be done to use xen with unmodified xp partition
> on phisical drive, means, boot doomU from c: partition and be able to boot
> to winxp directy from GRUB nativly.

I'd say don't bother. It's not worthed.
If you want to try anyway, read this first :
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Migrate_Windows
The notes about IDE driver, APIC, and HAL applies to all
virtualization platform in general, including Xen.

I'd recommend you use Linux and convert your native Windows
installation to VirtualBox guest, running from a vdi (not from the
original physical disk). Virtualbox has seamless and fullscreen mode
which is very useful for desktop use.

Note that you MAY need to reactivate Windows (which is part of the
reason why I suggest not running it from the original disk).

--
Fajar