Re: [Xen-users] New version of GPL PV drivers for Windows 0.10.0.47

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 11:24:29PM +1000, James Harper wrote:

> > On 03/04/2009 13:03, James Harper wrote:
> > > New version with lots of changes and (probably) new bugs. Please read
> > > this email before installing.
> > >
> > > chk is a 'checked' build which contains debug info (please use these if
> > > you want any assistance in fixing bugs :)
> > > fre is a 'free' build which contains no debug info
> > > platform is 'wxp' for XP, 'wnet' for 2003, and 'wlh' for Vista/2008
> > > arch is 'x86' for 32 bit and 'AMD64' for 64 bits
> >
> > Hi James,
> >
> > I thought you'd be interested in this. I just tried loading the drivers
> > (checked build) up on a 32-bit Windows 7 domain. Unfortunately, it
> > results in a blue-screen during boot.
> >
> > I've attached a screen-grab of the blue-screen. If there's anything I
> > can do to help track this down let me know.
> >

> A few people have reported trying the drivers on W7 and met with the same
> sorts of errors. 0x7B is 'boot device not found' and will most likely be
> because the drivers haven't installed properly. You can try booting with
> /NOGPLPV in the W7 equivalent of the boot.ini file (I forget how to do that)
> and see if the install completes, but I don't do a W7 build at this time (you
> are using Vista/2008 I assume?) so unless you can build it yourself, you'll
> have to wait until I get around to it :)

Booting with nogplpv does let things start up successfully. Doesn't complete
any installation though as far as I can see; rebooting without the flag by
mistake resulted in the same crash. I am indeed using the Vista/2008 install,
yes. Oh well, can live without for now :)

Jody