AW: AW: AW: [Xen-users] XEN 3.4 - Problems with eth0 (link down)

Hi,

no Xen patched version is necessary. Simply

  - download the source from realtek
  - change the src/Makefile to point to the right build dir
  - make modules
  - et voila, the r8168.ko is in src

Compiles for me with 8.012.00, works with 8.011.00. I cannot say
whether it works with 8.012.00, because I only remotly compiled.
I will maybe use it after the next maintenance downtime. This
driver works for me with Xen 3.2-1 from Debian, Xen 3.3.1, and
Xen 3.4.0.

When compiled and moved into the right position (maybe via "make
install" if you compile in Dom0, or by copying it to /lib/modules...,
you can even hot unload the wrong 8169 and load 8168.

Take care to rebuild your initramfs, blacklist 8169, enforce the
use of 8168.

BR,
Carsten.