Re: [Xen-users] HyperVM

  • To: Nathan Eisenberg <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:21:24 +0200
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 05:22:20 -0700

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Nathan Eisenberg <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

DTC is released under the GPL - http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html

Best Regards

Nathan Eisenberg

Sr. Systems Administrator

Atlas Networks, LLC

support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://support.atlasnetworks.us/portal

Although this looks like a good product, I would have preferred if it could run on a CentOS dom0 / host / server.

And even though you feel that one install & forget about it, I don't. I do work a lot on my servers, and prefer to use something that I'm familiar with.

And although I come from a OpenBSD / FreeBSD world, and have used Slackware, Debian, Mandriva, OpenSuse, FC, Knoppix, Ubuntu, Caldera, etc, I prefer to stick with one distro and know it well. If you use too many different things, you tend to loose edge.

And since a lot of commercial control panels work on CentOS only, I also know that  my clients knows CentOS by now, and won't really spend time learning Debian.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers