Re: [Xen-users] customized debian kernel ...

Hi,

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 19:18 -0400, Teratux wrote:
> Hi ... I recently tried out Xen for virtualization and as I saw it
> turned out to be just what I needed in matters of providing safe context
> separation for my apps ... I tried this on a pc with a provided kernel
> image ( I use Debian ).  Afterwards I wanted to try it out on a pc with
> a custom compiled kernel ... I started to investigate and some guides
> pointed me towards a patch that I have to apply to enable the Xen
> architecture so I can successfully compile my own kernel ... However, I
> can't seem to find it .. where can I get this patch ?? And can anyone
> tell me if this is the right way to do it??
>
> I'm using Debian Lenny and a 2.6.28 customized kernel ...

I think the latest official Debian / Xen patched kernel is 2.6.26-15.
Patches exist for native kernel.org 2.6.27 and 2.6.29 kernels, however
I'm not sure if anyone is maintaining one for 2.6.28. I do remember
seeing patches for it, but now I can't seem to locate them.

I (or others) could guide you on obtaining and building 2.6.26-15 or one
of the later kernels, which one would be better?

Cheers,
--Tim