Re: [Xen-users] RE: Xen 3.4.0, windows 2003 R2 installation crashes

  • To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Michael David Crawford <mdc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:40:40 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:41:37 -0700

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
Whatever domU does should never cause dom0 to crash. If it does then
it's a bug. It would be helpful if you can get some logs (console log
most likely) when the crash occured and report it to the developers.

After I installed the GPLPV drivers into a Windows XP SP3 DomU, it would reliably hang my Dom0 right when the XP boot changed from the row of little white bars to the graphical boot screen.

I was completely unable to run my XP DomU after that.

I am intending to file a bug report, but haven't set up a serial console yet. Once I can do that, to see if there are any error messages to the console, I'll file the bug.

The Dom0 didn't panic or oops - it just froze completely. Couldn't move the cursor, and it didn't answer pings.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdc@xxxxxxxxx

   prgmr.com - We Don't Assume You Are Stupid.

      Xen-Powered Virtual Private Servers: http://prgmr.com/xen