Re: [Xen-users] What are your bottomneck in using Xen solution?

Tim Post wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 21:13 +0800, howard chen wrote:
>
>> As Xen is not able to limit disk I/O usage easily, so by using iSCSI
>> shared storage, do you afraid it will make the system not easy to
>> scale?
>
> Some would argue that it's really not the hypervisor's job to ensure
> disk QoS. Personally, I'd rather leave that up to device mapper.
>
> If you have not done so, you might want to Google around for dm_ioband,
> or check out its project page here:
>
> http://people.valinux.co.jp/~ryov/dm-ioband/
>
> Cheers,
> --Tim

Hi,

What I don't get is that on this page, patches never apply to a released
version of the kernel, but always to a rcX development one. The one I
tried, for kernel 2.6.26 and 2.6.30 both fail to patch (there's some
rejects on the Makefile). Why isn't the author publishing something that
people can actually USE ???

Thomas