Re: [Xen-users] What are your bottomneck in using Xen solution?

Hi,

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 04:13 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What I don't get is that on this page, patches never apply to a released
> version of the kernel, but always to a rcX development one. The one I
> tried, for kernel 2.6.26 and 2.6.30 both fail to patch (there's some
> rejects on the Makefile).

Are you sure that you applied to the specified -rc (or quilt branch from
git?)

> Why isn't the author publishing something that
> people can actually USE ???
>
> Thomas

As far as I know, he's been tuning and re-basing his patches per RC (per
merge window) for some time now. I believe I saw some patches from him
during the .30 merge that got some attention.

There are also (as far as I can remember) a bunch of patches queued for
DM which may conflict, i.e. fixing write barriers for targets that span
multiple devices).

In any event, it illustrates a clear path to disk QoS without bothering
the hypervisor.

Cheers,
--Tim