Re: [Xen-users] What are your bottomneck in using Xen solution?

Tim Post wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 04:13 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What I don't get is that on this page, patches never apply to a released
>> version of the kernel, but always to a rcX development one. The one I
>> tried, for kernel 2.6.26 and 2.6.30 both fail to patch (there's some
>> rejects on the Makefile).
>
> Are you sure that you applied to the specified -rc (or quilt branch from
> git?)

Of course, I didn't. I tried to apply to standard released kernels.
Anyway, the conflicts are very small, and it is easy to resolve, but
still, the issue remains: the author could take the time to make clean
patches against the kernels that people are actually using.

Thomas