Re: [Xen-users] Install Centos-5 as DomU on Debian Dom0

xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/18/2009 03:07:10 PM:

> "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 06/18/2009 03:07 PM

> Evgeniy Sudyr <eject.in.ua@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> cc
>
> xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Subject
>
> Re: [Xen-users] Install Centos-5 as DomU on Debian Dom0
>
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Evgeniy Sudyr<eject.in.ua@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > I'm trying to install Centos-5 as DomU on Debian (lenny) Dom0.
>
> > I need suggestion based on someone's experience in installing Centos
> > and Fedora guests on Debian host.
>
> This should work : http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/InstallingCentOSDomU
> Another method would be installing as HVM (so you can install with DVD
> iso) then convert it to PV.

What does PV mean here? I am using xen-3.3.1 on fedora 9. I use
virt-manager to manage xen. It's really comfortable, I can remotely manage
the VM's and live migrate them. But never I came across converting an image
to PV.

Thanks,
Harsha

and any attachments. Thank you