[Xen-users] RE: AW: Best way to use iSCSI in domU

  • To: "Ferenc Wagner" <wferi@xxxxxxx>
  • From: Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:14:37 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 06:16:19 -0700

Empirically, my guess is "no", or at least that writes are not performed
synchronously.  Our GFS cluster seems stable using tap:sync: as the
backend, whereas it became corrupted on average once a week using phy:.
We have since had 3 weeks of continuous uptime on the cluster.

Frankly, I don't understand the kernel interfaces well enough to say for
certain.  I asked a question about this a few weeks ago on this list,
and didn't receive a reply.  If anyone knows for certain, it would be
good to have confirmation, because I can't completely rule out some
other cause of our fs corruption.

-Jeff