Re: [Xen-users] Getting fuse/coda devices working on Xen-based VM

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Kelly
Jones<kelly.terry.jones@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I sort of understand this: the VM doesn't have direct access to /dev devices?

Each domU has its own /dev that it has full access to.

> Can I fix myself by downloading and "insmod"'ing?

First you should look at your configuration. What kind of domU is it,
PV or HVM? Where is the kernel located, dom0 or domU? Do you have
access to the kernel's dev files (i.e. to build modules)?

A standard PV domU Xen installation on RHEL should have the kernel on
domU, booted with pygrub. In this case adding fuse support is simply a
matter of installing dkms-fuse (from dag repository).

If you use a hosted Xen environment where your provider uses kernel on
dom0 and disable module loading, there's not much you can do other
than to switch to a new provider.

--
Fajar