Re: [Xen-users] Xen configuration file?

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Travis Bell<travisbell@xxxxxx> wrote:
> In most blog posts, and even Steven's PDF here (
> http://www.xen.org/files/Support/XenConfigurationDetails.pdf ) everyone
> references these config files, where do those get created in 3.4?
>
> I have a file here:
>
> /var/lib/xend/domains/a90f2411-6047-1589-ff79-da0c3046d607/config.sxp
>
> But it's syntax is WAY different than anything like in that PDF so I figured
> it is a different file.

http://books.google.com/books?id=XS-Jj7s2nhYC&pg=PA178&dq=running+xen+sxp+sample+configuration+file

Config files (usually on /etc/xen) can use either format. When using
sxp format, you need to add "-F" to "xm create" or "xm new".

> Do I indeed edit the config.sxp file? If so, what does the syntax look like
> to add another vif device?

When the config file is located there, it means the domain is managed
by xend. That's what would happen if you use "xm new", or use
virt-install on newer xen versions. To change the configuration you
should either:
- use commands that can edit configuration online, like "xm
network-attach" (see "man xm" for details), OR
- shutdown the domU, export it's config file (or copy the config.sxp
somewhere else), delete the domU (xm delete), edit config file, import
the domU (xm new), OR
- shutdown domU, edit config.sxp, restart xend, start domU (not recommended)

--
Fajar