Re: [Xen-users] Xen Networking and bonded interfaces on Debia Lenny

  • To: Joshua Boniface <joshua.boniface@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: Simon Lee <bigplum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 11:55:30 +0800
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 20:56:45 -0700

Maybe it works, set the default route to bond0.

Joshua Boniface åé:
Greetings all. This has been an ongoing issue for me for a few months, and I've
been trying to get an answer.

My server has two NICs, and I want to set up the following:

NICs (x2) -> bond (mode 5) -> Xen Bridge -> Doms

...however, trying to configure this doesn't seem to work: network-bridge steals eth0 instead of
bond0, which breaks the bond AND my networking. The result is a "pbond0" interface with
no IP, and occasionally a "peth0", also with no IP. In either case neither eth0 (or 1) or
bond0 exist and as such I have no networking at all! If I boot without Xen the bond works fine, so
I know that's not the problem.

If I reconfigure zend-config.sxp to change netdev=bond0, I still have the same
issues, though the specific wording of the error (2 pages on a computer I can't
connect to, and before logon so I can't | less) is different. I've also tried
messing with the network-bridge script to no avail.

I've read both the manual and the wiki, and while the wiki makes mention of
using a bond, it doesn't show specifically what is required. I was wondering if
anyone else could shed some light on the issues. I'm willing to (attempt) to
write out those 2 pages of errors, if required, though I have a feeling this is
just a configuration issue.

I have a thread on LinuxQuestions about the issue. URL:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/using-xen-and-nic-bonding-please-help-736996/

Thank you for your assistance.