RE: [Xen-users] iscsi/nfs/aoe SAN storage for Xen

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Nathan Eisenberg <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:34:49 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 16:35:52 -0700

Those are the most monstrously inflated marketing numbers I've seen since a
VMWare rep took me out to lunch with an Equilogic rep and tried to convince me
their products would save me more money on HVAC and power than I was even
spending!

iSCSI costs $400 per switch port but AOE costs $15?
iSCSI costs up to $5000 per TB while AOE costs up to $500?

*eyeroll*

Best Regards
Nathan Eisenberg
Sr. Systems Administrator